Last night’s National Spelling Bee saw Fresno, CA built-in Ananya Vinay win it all, which prompted the question: what if the San Jose Sharks names were words acceptable in a spelling bee? Which ones would be the hardest to spell?
Please note: “semaphore” is a not an acceptable chat on the list, as Joe Pavelski and Evgeni Nabokov acceptable accomplished it into your arch afterwards you watched their bartering bristles hundred times.
8. Martin JonesOrigin: North Vancouver, BCPronunciation: Mahr-tn JohnzUsed in a sentence: Brick walls admired they could stop pucks like Martin Jones.
To balmy up, here’s arguably the easiest name on the team. Mess this up, and you apparently shouldn’t be in a spelling be anyways.
7. Joe ThorntonOrigin: London, ONPronunciation: GoatUsed in a sentence: Joe Thornton is the greatest passer of all-time.
A adequately simple name, but it’s not aberrant to see bodies accidentally spell it “Thorton.”
6. Tomas HertlOrigin: Praha, CZEPronunciation: Toe-mash Hur-tl Used in a sentence: Tomas Hertl is still accepted as Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl admitting no best actuality a teenager.
Unconventional (well, for the English-speaking world) spelling of Thomas, a two-syllable aftermost name with alone one vowel; this name is fabricated to cruise up American and Canadian spellers.
5. Brenden DillonOrigin: New Westminster, BCPronunciation: Brend-en Dil-uhn Used in a sentence: The nicest amateur in hockey is Brenden Dillon.
This avalanche beneath the “alternate spelling to a accepted name” category, with Brenden against Brendan.
4. Jannik HansenOrigin: Rodovre, DNKPronunciation: Yah-nihk Hahn-suhnUsed in a sentence: Jannik Hansen is not to be abashed with Mikkel Boedker
Between a aboriginal name that defies accepted phonetics, and a aftermost name that could actual calmly be abashed with the accepted music accumulation Hanson, Jannik Hansen’s name could cruise a lot of bodies up.
3. Mikkel BoedkerOrigin: Brondby, DNKPronunciation: Mih-kehl Bawd-kuhrUsed in a sentence: Mikkel Boedker is not to be abashed with Jannik Hansen.
The Danish spelling of Michael (or Micheal – we’ll get to that later) additional the rare-in-English “oe” admixture makes Mikkel Boedker one of the harder names on the list.
2. Marc-Edouard VlasicOrigin: Montreal, QCPronunciation: Pik-uhlsUsed in a sentence: There are few bodies who like dogs added than Marc-Edouard Vlasic.
Hyphenated and three vowels in a row? There’s a acumen why “Pickles” as a appellation bent on so quickly.
1. Micheal HaleyOrigin: Guelph, ONPronunciation: Mahy-kuhl Hey-leeUsed in a sentence: Man, Micheal Haley threw some bombs in that fight.
Why is Michael Haley the hardest to spell? Well, because it seems cipher knows how to spell Micheal.
Printable Spelling Worksheets – Printable Spelling Worksheets
| Welcome in order to the weblog, in this occasion I will show you regarding Printable Spelling Worksheets. And after this, this can be a very first impression: